Uniqlo Calender

Saturday, June 06, 2009

The Last Remnant

I found something that motivates me... and yes, it's game again(Ops I did it again... ).

However, it's not like any other PC game. It's Square-Enix latest masterpiece:

The Last Remnant



This game is for XBOX360 but surprisingly, they got another version which support PC platform (Weird huh?).

I thought the PC platform is always get ignored by Square-Soft. Luckily this time they did looked after us, the PC gamers.

I do appreciate their hardworks.


________________________________

That day simply walking alone in Pasar Malam (Night Market) and stopped by a Cetak Rompak stall. The stall owner was a young guy and he highly recommended me to get the game. I had seen the game before in youtube but I just cannot believe the installation DVD is just in front of me. So, what to do? checked my wallet and paid for it without a rational & conscious mind (Oh no...).

After I get the DVD, went back to home and try to install it. And something bad really happened. The game requires at least 15G Disk space for the installation. So guys, do bear in mind about that. I have deleted a lot of rubbish just to install this game. >_<

After the installation, started the game. The opening movie gave me a stun! I cannot believe I was watching it with my own PC! I thought the best part is only the movie. However, the playing mode, the graphic quality is almost as same as the movie quality which makes the gaming experience very enjoyable & it's just like watching movie all the time.

The battle system is very unique. Quitting the individual battle system adopted from Final Fantasy Series. The Last Remnant is using a unique system called "union" system (squad system). That's mean, characters grouped-up into one squad and share the same HP. Player will controlling several squads during battle and the scene is just like a real armies fight!



For a real gamer, we know good music fill the game's soul & I think Tsuyoshi Sekito do really working hard for the game's soul.

Here are the examples of the soundtrack:

The Last Remnant OST - Silver of Hope



Tsuyoshi Sekito - Beat the Odds (The Last Remnant)



Nice huh? I did downloaded the soundtrack. You want me to share some with you? :p

Overall, the game still using the Final Fantasy style with tons of cinematic & a brand new battle system. Guys, it's worth to try out this game & hopefully it will not makes your life miserable.
____________________________________

By the way,

A music composer... my dream job... However, my faith with music had been ended when I was a 11yrs old kid... What a fate...

My mind is still with music now... But I am just pathetically... Hopeless...

2 comments:

Choi Aria said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Choi Aria said...

Hey there. I accidentally found your blog while I was searching info for The Last Remnant. And lol, believe or not, I'm jealous -- it was so easy for you to find the pirated version and yet it's been tough for me. xD

I do hope that I get to hear your review about the game though, since it's going to be a while for me to actually buy the game xD

P/S: I also feel your pain about didn't have the chance to go watch the 'Distant Worlds' performance.

Nuffnang Ads

ClustrMaps

BlogPatrol